Partner & Family Visas

Partner & Family Visas

Dear Sirs,

We are sharing the information of bringing your family to UK.

For your wife - partner

  • To apply as a partner, you and your partner both need to be 18 or over
  • You and your partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK after you apply.
  • You must be able to prove one of the following:
    • you’re in a civil partnership or marriage that’s recognised in the UK
    • you’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply
    • you are a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving
  • You can prove your knowledge of English by passing an approved English language test with at least a CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening.
  • You and your partner must have a combined income of at least £18,600 a year if:
    • you’re applying as a partner
    • you want to settle in the UK (get ‘indefinite leave to remain’) within 5 years
  • You must prove you have extra money if you have children who:
    • are not British or Irish citizens
    • do not have pre-settled status
    • are not permanently settled in the UK
  • If you need to prove extra money for your children, you’ll need to earn an extra:
    • £3,800 for your first child
    • £2,400 for each child you have after your first child

This is called the ‘minimum income requirement’.

You may be able to use your savings instead of income.

How you prove you have the money depends on how you got the income.

What counts as income

You and your partner can use:

  • income from employment before tax and National Insurance (check your P60 or payslips) - you can only use your own income if you earn it in the UK
  • income you earn from self-employment or as a director of a limited company in the UK - check your Self Assessment tax return
  • cash savings above £16,000
  • money from a pension
  • non-work income, for example from property rentals or dividends

If you’re using income from self-employment or employment, you’ll need to prove you or your partner received that income for 6 months or more.


You’ve worked with the same employer earning £18,600 or more for 6 months or longer.

What proof you need to give

You’ll need to provide proof of your income with your application. If you or your partner are employed, you could include:

  • bank statements showing you or your partner’s income
  • 6 months of payslips
  • a letter from an employer, dated and on headed paper

The employer’s letter should confirm:

  • you or your partner are employed there
  • the job title or position you or your partner hold
  • how long you or your partner have worked there
  • the type of contract (for example, permanent, fixed term)
  • what you or your partner earn before tax and National Insurance
  • how long you or your partner have been paid your current salary
  • the payslips are genuine


    1. Application Form
    2. Cover Letter
    3. Passport
    4. Marriage certificate
    5. Criminal record
    1. Passport Copy
    2. Biometric Residence Permit Card Copy
    3. Police Registration Certificate
    4. Home Office Letters
    5. Tenancy Agreement
    6. UK Personal Bank Account Statement (GBP)
    7. Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
    8. Bank statements or letters
    9. Building society savings books or letters
    10. Council tax bills or statements
    11. Electricity or gas bills or statements
    12. Water rates bills or statements
    13. Mortgage statements or agreement
    14. Tenancy agreement(s)
    15. Telephone bills or statements
    16. Business and Financial Information
      1. UK Business and Personal Bank Statement (GBP)
      2. Accountants Letter
      3. National Insurance Number Letter Copy
      4. A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips confirming :
        • the employment;
        • the gross annual salary;
        • how long the employment has been/was held;
        • the period over which the person has been paid the level of salary stated in their application; and
        • the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency) –
        • His/ her per hours payment
      5. P60
      6. Payslips
      7. Statement of Account (SA200 or SA302) , CT600 for the last full financial year, or for the last two such years (where those documents show the necessary level of gross income as an average of those two years)
      8. Annual audited accounts for the last financial year for
      9. Public Liability Insurance
    17. Business Activities (varsa)
      1. Agreements
      2. Newspaper Advertisement
      3. Brochure
      4. Web Site Screen Shot
      5. Business Card


Apply outside the UK Apply in the UK
Cost if joining yout partner, parent or child £1,523 £1,033

Healthcare surcharge

You also need to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. It essentially adds £624 per year per person to the cost of a UK visa.

Our family visa application as a partner consultancy fee is £ 1,500.00 per person

Thank You

Download Our Brochure

AET Partners Consultancy


  • Hello, how can we help you?
  • I have some questions about immigration!